Google Uses Over 1000 Signals To Rank Websites. Which 10 Should You Focus Your SEO Efforts?
Google ranking algorithm is complex and uses over 1000 plus signals to deliver its customers the best search results possible. While the engineers at Google have made your search results better, by adding more and more lines of code to its algorithm. The rules for ranking has changed since the late 90’s and early 2000’s.
Come and gone have been the Panda and Penguin updates causing massive upheaval in the search results and have caused some SEO agencies to quit and close shop believing SEO is dead.
SEO is not dead and is, in fact, one of the largest growing business segments in the last decade with a market cap in the billions of dollars.
How Do SEO Agencies Know Where To Focus Their Efforts To Get Best Results?
SEO agencies and consultants have analyzed mountains of data, researched search patents, run A/B split tests and have determined the factors that have the biggest influence on ranking on page one of Google.
Much like the 80/20 rule where 20 % of action achieves 80% of the results. Knowing this rule and applying it to SEO can make your digital marketing campaign a success sooner than later.
Big thanks to Cyrus Shepard for creating this impressive infographic on the priorities you should focus your SEO campaign on.
What Are The Critical Factors For SEO?
For all the attempts to label the internet as anonymous and cold. Search results prove that the internet is built and based on people. People who are selling quality products, delivering services or people teaching and sharing areas of their expertise. Social networks and social confirmation are becoming larger and larger factors of acceptance and ranking in the search results.
So focus your SEO efforts on delivering quality content for your customers and future clients to obtain the best results for your digital marketing campaign.
Here is the list of 10 critical factors for ranking your website:
- Create quality content that targets searcher queries
- Make your content accessible to search spiders
- Quality and quantity of backlinks -Backlinks by authority websites essentially reinforce the website being ranked
- Content that delivers a solution for the searcher
- Unique content that is currently researched and updated
- Content delivered and vetted by authorities on the topic
- Newly updated content -Fresh content means highly relevant and better CTR
- CTR – Click Through Rate – The percentage of times results are clicked in the search results
- Speed of website – quality servers that will load the site fast resulting in better CTR
- Web page loads for different devices – desktop, tablets, mobile phones
There are over another 990 search ranking signals but if you optimize the above factors you will start seeing some good results from your SEO marketing efforts.
If you are too busy running your business and don’t have time to learn SEO then contact Abcourt Media today for a strategy session that will help you get the results you want.